The Blue Dome, a small Art Deco structure built in 1924, originally served as the White Star
Gulf Oil Station. This was the first station in Oklahoma to have hot water, pressurized air and a
car wash. It was also open 24 hours, seven days a week. The station attendant lived upstairs in
the dome itself. The stations blue dome was such a recognizable landmark that, over time the
entire area around it became known as the Blue Dome District.
The poster is a DECOPOLIS exclusive created by artist William A. Franklin. Each poster comes
matted and signed with a certificate of authenticity.